Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
BBB BBB is offline

Default Can I use a login to let users see different worksheets?

Can I use a login to let users see different worksheets?
In the same spread sheet, hidding certain sheets from
others?

thanks bbb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes. You need to create a VBA form. This in conjunction with catching some
code to show and hide worksheets will acheive the result you want. However
the results may not give you the kind of security you want. It should be
sufficient for average Excel users but an average VBA developer will be able
to get round it.

Bill Lunney
www.billlunney.com

"bbb" wrote in message
Can I use a login to let users see different worksheets?
In the same spread sheet, hidding certain sheets from
others?

thanks bbb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have this in a workbook where I want certain users to see only theit
worksheet:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
'MsgBox "This worksbook has 6 worksheets: one named Control which is always
visible, and sheets named Margaret, Esther, George, Lloyd, and Jimmy. If you
type one of those names you will see a worksheet with the corresponding name
on the tab. If you do not enter one of the names an error will be
generated."
Call HideSales
Call GetValidInput
End Sub

Sub HideSibs()
Worksheets("Margaret").Visible = False
Worksheets("Esther").Visible = False
Worksheets("George").Visible = False
Worksheets("Lloyd").Visible = False
Worksheets("Jimmy").Visible = False
End Sub

Function GetValidInput() As String
Dim i As String
i = InputBox("Please enter your name, capitalizing the first letter:")
Select Case i
Case Is = ""
msgBox "You have not entered a valid name. You will have to press OK to
let this file close and try again."
ThisWorkbook.Save
ThisWorkbook.Close
Case Is = "Margaret"
Worksheets("Margaret").Visible = True
Worksheets("Margaret").Select
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Select
Case Is = "Esther"
Worksheets("Esther").Visible = True
Worksheets("Esther").Select
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Select
Case Is = "George"
Worksheets("George").Visible = True
Worksheets("George").Select
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Select
Case Is = "Lloyd"
Worksheets("Lloyd").Visible = True
Worksheets("Lloyd").Select
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Select
Case Is = "Jimmy"
Worksheets("Jimmy").Visible = True
Worksheets("Jimmy").Select
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Select
Case Else
msgBox "You have not entered a valid name. You will have to press OK to
let this file close and try again."
ThisWorkbook.Save
ThisWorkbook.Close
End Select
End Function

Feel free to amend this to meet your needs.

--
Greeting from the Gulf Coast!
http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays