Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Where do macros go?

Where are macros saved and how can I tell?
I'm trying to create a template that uses a macro.
Do macros reside IN a template or in a separate file?
I created a template that uses a macro but when I re-open
the template, I cannot find the macro in Tools-Macros--
Macro
However, when I save the template as an XLS, the macro is
there but with a strange dot reference to some other
module.
I need to be able to share this template and macro with
various users (by email etc.) so I need to know where
everything is. I had assumed a macro became part of the
template.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

David

I've just saved an old file as a template and after
closing the original,I opened the Template complete with
macros.

The macros were saved in a module not a sheet code.
The template is saved in the default directory i.e.

c:\Windows\Application data\Template\Filename.xlt

Don't know if this helps

Regards
Peter

.