Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Export Worksheet to Access

Thanks, JMay, that looks like good advice. I am able to
import my worksheet into Access with no problem. I am
attempting to do this from Excel and visit Access only
every so often. All the books that I have read so far (Pwr
Prog w. VBA, etc) have not been helpful in this area. Any
other thoughts or pointers on this obsticle? Thanks in
advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sigmund,

JMay made a good suggestion about using a linked table in Access to get to
your Excel data, assuming you wanted to store all the data in the Excel
table each time you run the procedure, all you have to do is:

Create an "Append Query" to copy all the records from the linked table into
your main table.

An Append Query in Access basically adds records from a source table or
query to an existing table.

Once this is done, you can delete the data stored in Excel and start again.

"Sigmund" wrote in message
Thanks, JMay, that looks like good advice. I am able to
import my worksheet into Access with no problem. I am
attempting to do this from Excel and visit Access only
every so often. All the books that I have read so far (Pwr
Prog w. VBA, etc) have not been helpful in this area. Any
other thoughts or pointers on this obsticle? Thanks in
advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, Gents, this is more of a "can it be done" problem.
Yes, you are right that I use Excel as the "organized-
data" tool, only, since it's no match for Access
relational data abilities. I use SQL in Access. I see the
potential of linking an Access table to a worksheet. My
wife easily uses Excel data entry features with macros and
I use the Access features. Excel-VBA should have the
ability to bypass the tedious pull-down Convert to Access
option. No? Any good books or reference sites on the
subject? Thanks in advance.

It's not so much an obstacle, as it is a fact. If your

solution is truly
within a database solution then Access is the route to

take here. All that
Excel should do is to provide the "organized-data (in a

table)" to Access...
Access asks as the Host and retrieves the data (from

Excel). Excel has some
powerful database functionality, but it is no match to

the db functionality
of Access, of course.

"Sigmund" wrote in message
Thanks, JMay, that looks like good advice. I am able to
import my worksheet into Access with no problem. I am
attempting to do this from Excel and visit Access only
every so often. All the books that I have read so far

(Pwr
Prog w. VBA, etc) have not been helpful in this area.

Any
other thoughts or pointers on this obsticle? Thanks in
advance.

Start with Access and either Import or Link your data

a Table.

"Sigmund" wrote in message
Does anyone have a simple VBA function to export a
worksheet into an Access table? The macro recoder

does
not
want to cooperate in 2k.
.