Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Slowing Macro

Dan

I can't think of what might cause that, but post the code and maybe
something will jump out.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Dan" wrote in message
I have a macro that pulls data from the internet every 15
minutes or so. The more I run the macro, the slower it
goes. There seems to be a cumulative slowing effect like
something is building up and slowing it down. It is still
as slow after I shut down and reboot as the last time I
ran it and it continues to get even slower yet.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
in advance if you have any ideas how to fix this.

Thanks,

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dan,

Look at your defined names and see if you have names like Tablexxx
I had a problem with this when downloading from the net. There were
hundreds built up over time. Got rid of them and life was better.

Built an event macro to delete all names Like Table* and solved the problem.

steve