Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel slowing down during usage

I've got several Excel files that are not large, but have five or six
worksheets in them. These files work fine when opened, but after a few
minutes they start slowing down to a point that you have to close the
file and open it back up. Then the process starts all over. This
happens on different computers, so it seems inherint to the files.
There are no calculations that are taking place and no inbeded links,
so I can't figure out what is causing the slowing. Does anyone have
any suggestions?

Thanks,
Cameron

--
cbernad
cbernad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37686

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry .... I should have included that. 1 GB of RAM and a 1.8 GHZ

--
cbernad
cbernad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37686
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=572912

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was having the same problem with and I found there was a direct link to the
size of the print area. If I highlighted multiple columns and set that as my
print area my computer would instantly slow down. This did not happen prior
to XP. I now have to clear the print area to use any of my old files.