Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default calling API's

Can anyone please tell me a good place to look, so I can learn about calling
windows API's from excel.

I am interested in websites, newsgroups and books on the subject.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Anthony" wrote in message
Can anyone please tell me a good place to look, so I can learn about

calling
windows API's from excel.

I am interested in websites, newsgroups and books on the subject.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

You could do a lot worse than

' The Visual Basic Programmers Guide to the Win 32 API'
Author : Daniel Appleman'

alternatively see

'Visual Basic 6 Win32 API Tutorial'
Author Jason Bock

Personally I use

' The Win 32 Programming API Bible' by
Richard Simon but its rather long in the tooth and
is biased towards C++

Online there's quite a nice tutorial at

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall.../apitutor.html

and some nice examples/samples at

http://www.dutchthewiz.com/vb/api/
http://www.melbpc.org.au/pcupdate/9605/9605article4.htm

Be aware that the Windows API is nothing like as forgiving
an interface as VBA and its entriely possible to crash your app
so make VERY sure you save before trying to run anything.

Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:01:30 +0100, "Anthony"
wrote:

Can anyone please tell me a good place to look, so I can learn about calling
windows API's from excel.

I am interested in websites, newsgroups and books on the subject.

For books, there's really only one worth considering if you're dead
serious about learning this stuff:
- Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to the Win32API by Dan Appleman,
published by SAMS.

Hank Scorpio
scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.)
* Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! *