Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default default name for a new book

Hello,
My macro creates a new book. This new book comes automatically with a
default "book#". I would like to change automatically this name without
saving the file on the harddisk or without opening the dialog book
"save" or "save as".
Can't find the command.
thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The workbook's name gets changed when you save it.

You could use a template when you create the new workbook and the name will look
like "mytemplate#".

gerard Genevois wrote:

Hello,
My macro creates a new book. This new book comes automatically with a
default "book#". I would like to change automatically this name without
saving the file on the harddisk or without opening the dialog book
"save" or "save as".
Can't find the command.
thanks for your help

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think this is what you are looking for:

Sub test()
Workbooks.Add
ActiveWindow.Caption = "My file"

End Sub

Abdul Salam

My macro creates a new book. This new book comes

automatically with a
default "book#". I would like to change automatically

this name without
saving the file on the harddisk or without opening the

dialog book
"save" or "save as".
Can't find the command.
thanks for your help

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com

***
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tks for the reply.
It changes the name of the caption..... but when you open save as or
save.... it's still "book1" which appears....