Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Default Book Formatting

When I open excel or if I open a new book the formatting is not what I want.
The book opens to sheet3, the cursor is on a cell not A1, the font in sheet3
is Tahoma and color blue. Sheet2 looks as it should and sheet1 is all
highlighted with a cell not A1 active. Can someone explain how I can reset
so the formatting goes to Arial 10 on each page with cell A1 active on sheet1?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First, open excel and try this:
File|Properties|General tab

Do you see a type, location, and filesize?

If you do, then you're opening an existing workbook. Note the location and
decide if you want to move that file to a safe spot--or just delete it.

If you don't see that stuff, maybe you've changed your book.xlt file. This file
is stored in your XLStart folder and is used as the basis for new workbooks
(when you start excel or when you click the New icon on the standard toolbar
(xl2003 menus)).

You can open it and fix it -- or just delete it and use xl's internal default
template.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like you have created a new default workbook template.

Look in your XLSTART folder for a file named BOOK.XLT

Move it out or delete it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP