Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Default Book Formatting

Sounds like you have created a new default workbook template.

Look in your XLSTART folder for a file named BOOK.XLT

Move it out or delete it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 07:44:00 -0700, nick
wrote:

When I open excel or if I open a new book the formatting is not what I want.
The book opens to sheet3, the cursor is on a cell not A1, the font in sheet3
is Tahoma and color blue. Sheet2 looks as it should and sheet1 is all
highlighted with a cell not A1 active. Can someone explain how I can reset
so the formatting goes to Arial 10 on each page with cell A1 active on sheet1?