Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
LSB LSB is offline

Default Locking column

Can anybody tell me how too lock a column, where by i do
not want to allow user to update that column.?
..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

FormatCellsProtection Check Locked
and uncheck locked for all cells you want to allow the
user to change

This will work only if the sheet is protected

ToolsProtectionPtotect Sheet.

where you have several option depending up on your
version of Excel

By Code:
Sub LockCells

Range ("A1:B10").Locked = True
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:= "Password"
End Sub

Abdul Salam

.