Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is there a way to know when a worksheet has been clicked?

I would like to know how I can program a worksheet before click event,
similar to a worksheet before doubleclick event or if there is a way
that can make me know when a worksheet has been clicked.

Thank you
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,

Put this into a module or event module
ActiveSheet.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
or
Sheets("mysheet").EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
this way the user can't select a protected cell.

steve

"John" wrote in message
om...
Myrna Larson wrote in message

. ..
Since clicking a cell selects it, maybe you could use the

SelectionChange event. However, that
will be triggered when the user moves the cell cursor with the keyboard.

On 26 Jul 2003 21:14:05 -0700, (John) wrote:

I would like to know how I can program a worksheet before click event,
similar to a worksheet before doubleclick event or if there is a way
that can make me know when a worksheet has been clicked.

Thank you
John

I forgot to say that the worksheet is protected and selection is
disabled. I want to avoid the ugly worksheet protection message, "The
cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read
only. To modify a protected cell or chart blah blah blah ..." that
pops up when a user tries to type on a protected worksheet