Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tom tom is offline

Default Clicked on no to save too soon

I accidentally said no to saving a excel file I worked on for some time. Is
there a way to pull up a auto backup file and recover it or is the file gone
for good?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

FileSave AsToolsGeneral Options

Note: if the workbook has not been saved at least once, there will be no backup
to open.

i.e.

Open a new workbook and work with that for a couple hours. Close without saving
and there will be no backup created.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP