Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can we code this?

Chip, Thanks - it works! Can I ask you this - I have an
Auto_Open Sub (below). Can this be modified to
automatically switch the user's security to Medium when
they open this workbook, then reset it to high on close?

Sub Auto_Open()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For Each ws In Worksheets
If ws.Visible = xlSheetVisible Then
ws.Select
Application.GoTo ws.Range("A1"), True
ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False
End If
Next

Worksheets("Scorecard").Select
Application.AutoPercentEntry = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Thanks, Phil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Phil,

Chip has answered the question, but just think about it, what sort of
security would it be if you could do that?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Phil Hageman" wrote in message
Chip, Thanks - it works! Can I ask you this - I have an
Auto_Open Sub (below). Can this be modified to
automatically switch the user's security to Medium when
they open this workbook, then reset it to high on close?

Sub Auto_Open()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For Each ws In Worksheets
If ws.Visible = xlSheetVisible Then
ws.Select
Application.GoTo ws.Range("A1"), True
ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False
End If
Next

Worksheets("Scorecard").Select
Application.AutoPercentEntry = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Thanks, Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Imagine the thousands of virus writers out there just sitting quietly, watching this thread and
praying that Chip can give you some magic to really do that. <vbg

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP

Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference

"Phil Hageman" wrote in message ...
Chip, Thanks - it works! Can I ask you this - I have an
Auto_Open Sub (below). Can this be modified to
automatically switch the user's security to Medium when
they open this workbook, then reset it to high on close?

Sub Auto_Open()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For Each ws In Worksheets
If ws.Visible = xlSheetVisible Then
ws.Select
Application.GoTo ws.Range("A1"), True
ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False
End If
Next

Worksheets("Scorecard").Select
Application.AutoPercentEntry = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Thanks, Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jaf jaf is offline

Hi Phil,
Not sure what your trying to accomplish, but you might want to look into
user profiles to control who can run macros.

--

John

johnf202 at hotmail dot com

"Phil Hageman" wrote in message
Chip, Thanks - it works! Can I ask you this - I have an
Auto_Open Sub (below). Can this be modified to
automatically switch the user's security to Medium when
they open this workbook, then reset it to high on close?

Sub Auto_Open()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For Each ws In Worksheets
If ws.Visible = xlSheetVisible Then