Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default run two or more macros simultaneously ??

Anyone who knows whether is possible to run two or more
macros simultaneously in excel?
not necessary from the same sheet or workbook..
Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote in message
Anyone who knows whether is possible to run two or more
macros simultaneously in excel?
not necessary from the same sheet or workbook..

VBA gets only a single thread of execution for any given instance of
Excel, so only one macro can run at a time. You can open multiple instances
of Excel and start macros in each of them, although this wouldn't be very
efficient from a processor standpoint. I believe COM add-ins get their own
separate thread, so theoretically you should be able to run a COM add-in
procedure and a VBA procedure simultaneously in the same instance of Excel,
but I haven't verified this myself.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals