Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dea Dea is offline

Default How can I add (;) at the end of each name simultaneously

I want to create a contact list using email addresses of all my friends. I
have about 20 email address going down colum A in Excel. How can I add the
symbol ";" to the end of each email address simultaneously so I dont have to
do it one at a time. I want to be able to copy the list and paste it in my
email so I can send them all a message a one time such as "Happy New Year!"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have addresses in Col A then
enter this in B1
=A1 & ";"
and copy the formula down.
You can then copy column B and paste in TO or BCC field.

Alternatively
enter this in B1
=A1

and this in B2
=B1 & ";" & A2
and copy down

You will get your list in the last cell in Col B

"Dea" wrote:

I want to create a contact list using email addresses of all my friends. I
have about 20 email address going down colum A in Excel. How can I add the
symbol ";" to the end of each email address simultaneously so I dont have to
do it one at a time. I want to be able to copy the list and paste it in my
email so I can send them all a message a one time such as "Happy New Year!"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Sheeloo's method works but you might be able to use the Replace command if
all the email addresses end with .COM

In that case select all the addresses and press Ctrl+H and enter .Com in the
Find what box and .Com; in the Replace with box and then press Replace All.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Dea" wrote:

I want to create a contact list using email addresses of all my friends. I
have about 20 email address going down colum A in Excel. How can I add the
symbol ";" to the end of each email address simultaneously so I dont have to
do it one at a time. I want to be able to copy the list and paste it in my
email so I can send them all a message a one time such as "Happy New Year!"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Using Sheeloo's formula, try this

Select B2 to B21, assuming that row one is your header row and B21 is your
last row of email address.
place in this formula into the formula bar

=A2&"; "
press Ctrl and Enter together, this will automatically add a "; " to all the
email addresses you have at one stroke.

I leave a space for the next email address which normally is the case

Does this do what you want?

HTH

--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button below

Thank You

cheers, francis