Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cannot run macro from toolbar in a file on another pc

I created macros in a file & assigned them to custom
toolbar buttons in a new toolbar. I made sure the macros
were in a module for the specific opened file. They worked
fine.

I closed the file & opened it in another PC. Every time I
try a custom button, a dialog box opens, saying
"The file could not be accessed. Try one of the following:
.. Make sure the specified folder exists.
.. Make sure the folder that contains the file is not read-
only.
.. Make sure the file/path name doesn't contain more than
218 characters."

I have to re-assign the macros to my custom toolbar
buttons.

I have searched MSKB ad nauseum without finding an answer.
Surely this is not a unique problem to me.

ALso, when I open the file, the custom toolbar opens. When
I close the file, the custom toolbar remains there. I have
to manually delete it. Shouldn't the custom toolbar close
with the file that launched it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I suggest that you amend your workbook so that the OPEN event creates the
toolbar and the CLOSE event removes it. This means that you don't need to
worry about reassigning macros etc.

--
Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP