Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
larz larz is offline

Default Cannot run macro from toolbar in a file on another pc

I created macros in a file & assigned them to custom
toolbar buttons in a new toolbar. I made sure the macros
were in a module for the specific opened file. They worked
fine.

I closed the file & opened it in another PC. Every time I
try a custom button, a dialog box opens, saying
"The file could not be accessed. Try one of the following:
.. Make sure the specified folder exists.
.. Make sure the folder that contains the file is not read-
only.
.. Make sure the file/path name doesn't contain more than
218 characters."

I have to re-assign the macros to my custom toolbar
buttons.

I have searched MSKB ad nauseum without finding an answer.
Surely this is not a unique problem to me.

ALso, when I open the file, the custom toolbar opens. When
I close the file, the custom toolbar remains there. I have
to manually delete it. Shouldn't the custom toolbar close
with the file that launched it?