Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default List all Functions

Is there anyway you can list all the installed functions
in a spreadsheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

James,

peter Nonely has already done it for you.

You can get his Function dictionary at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/noneley/

--
HTH

-------

Bob Phillips

"James" wrote in message
Is there anyway you can list all the installed functions
in a spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A possible alternate interpretation:

by installed, do you mean functions used in the worksheet.

If so, you can loop through them (the cells with formulas) and parse out a
list, but there is not built in menu item to do it.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"James" wrote in message
Is there anyway you can list all the installed functions
in a spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe I should explain a bit more

basically I want to send a spreadsheet to various users
in different countries that aren't networked that checks
the users system and reports back via e-mail what
functions they have installed.

All done except for actually getting the list of
functions the user has installed.

It has to be a list of functions and not addins.

Thanks for the previous replies.

James

Is there anyway you can list all the installed functions
in a spreadsheet?
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Still not sure -
you mean go through their installed addins and see what functions those
addins contain?

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"James" wrote in message
Maybe I should explain a bit more

basically I want to send a spreadsheet to various users
in different countries that aren't networked that checks
the users system and reports back via e-mail what
functions they have installed.

All done except for actually getting the list of
functions the user has installed.

It has to be a list of functions and not addins.

Thanks for the previous replies.

James

Is there anyway you can list all the installed functions
in a spreadsheet?
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Even in a workbook, you would have to use the VBE object model to search
through the modules line by line and look for SUB and FUNCTION. So I don't
think the information is made available by Excel and most addins are
probably password protected for their code.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy