Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XLL support discontinued?

Hello,

Wanted to verify an important matter to me.
MSDN does no longer updates info regarding XLL libraries
for Excel.

Any idea why?
Is XLL to be removed?

I can not imagne, i thing Excel has based itself upon that.
The later versions of Excel still work fine but info
aplies to '97.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Edwin,

The Excel C API, which XLLs are written against, is no longer being
updated. According to what I've heard from people at MS it will continue to
be supported (i.e. XLLs will run correctly) for at least the next few
versions of Excel.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"Edwin Knoppert" wrote in message
Hello,

Wanted to verify an important matter to me.
MSDN does no longer updates info regarding XLL libraries
for Excel.

Any idea why?
Is XLL to be removed?

I can not imagne, i thing Excel has based itself upon that.
The later versions of Excel still work fine but info
aplies to '97.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Rob,

I waited a few hours before reply..
I don't think it's being removed either.

.