Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default text box on a form

I have a text box on a form. Users will enter text that
may be longer then the text box. However, the text box is
tall enough to handle two or three. In the event that the
user enters enough info to more than fill the visual part
of the text box, I would like for there to be a scroll bar
to scroll through the multiple lines of text. I feel that
I have done this before. Maybe I used a list box or combo
box. I can't remember, and can't seem to find the
property for either of these three that would enable me to
get the desired result. I'm desperate for help, as I'm
very close to completing this project. Thanks in
advance!!!

Eric W.
Madison, WI
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Eric,

You need to set three properties of the TexBox control to make this
work:

1) MultiLine: True
2) ScrollBars: 2 - fmScrollBarsVertical
3) WordWrap: True

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"Eric W." wrote in message
I have a text box on a form. Users will enter text that
may be longer then the text box. However, the text box is
tall enough to handle two or three. In the event that the
user enters enough info to more than fill the visual part
of the text box, I would like for there to be a scroll bar
to scroll through the multiple lines of text. I feel that
I have done this before. Maybe I used a list box or combo
box. I can't remember, and can't seem to find the
property for either of these three that would enable me to
get the desired result. I'm desperate for help, as I'm
very close to completing this project. Thanks in
advance!!!

Eric W.
Madison, WI

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Eric:

Set the ScrollBars property of the TextBox to 2 and the WordWrap property to
True.

Regards,

Vasant.