Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default text in a PDF form

I converted a PDF file to excel but now have the data in the following form:
829a
1230p
153p
836a

and so on. How can I drop the letters and format cell to numbers.

Thanks Gene

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Muddan's first formula will leave the number (829,1230, etc.) in a text
format. You need to add the Value() function to convert to a number.

=value(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1))

This formula also assumes that you only have 1 letter to the right of the
number.

Hope this helps.

.