Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional formatting

Conditional formatting XL2000
3 rows 8 columns have Conditional formatting
Problem : When I try to copy the 3 rows the Conditional formatting the
information stays the same as the fist 3 rows
"I hope this makes sence "
Conditional formatting is set up with "formula is" 1. E30 turn green
2.E3<0 turn red ok this works good
When I copy and past or highlight and drag To row 4 the Conditional
formatting stays 1. E30 turn green 2.E3<0

Question: How can I copy the three rows and past them so the
Conditional formatting follows the row Number

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alan

First of all........in which cell are you placing the CF? If in E3, you don't
need a "formula is". "Cell value is" greater than will do.

If CF not in E3, make sure that the formula reads =E30, not =$E$30

BTW....I notice you left out the "=" signs in your example. Was that a typo?

I would use the Format Painter(brush icon) to copy the formats to other cells.
although the drag/copy works also.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 17:53:50 -0400, ~Alan Rosenberg Miami
wrote:

Conditional formatting XL2000
3 rows 8 columns have Conditional formatting
Problem : When I try to copy the 3 rows the Conditional formatting the
information stays the same as the fist 3 rows
"I hope this makes sence "
Conditional formatting is set up with "formula is" 1. E30 turn green
2.E3<0 turn red ok this works good
When I copy and past or highlight and drag To row 4 the Conditional
formatting stays 1. E30 turn green 2.E3<0

Question: How can I copy the three rows and past them so the
Conditional formatting follows the row Number

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am not sure on how to use it to achieve the results that I ineed?

Henry wrote:

Alan,

Have you tried Format Painter (the paintbrush icon on the standard toolbar)?

HTH
Henry

"~Alan Rosenberg Miami" wrote in message
Conditional formatting XL2000
3 rows 8 columns have Conditional formatting
Problem : When I try to copy the 3 rows the Conditional formatting the
information stays the same as the fist 3 rows
"I hope this makes sence "
Conditional formatting is set up with "formula is" 1. E30 turn green
2.E3<0 turn red ok this works good
When I copy and past or highlight and drag To row 4 the Conditional
formatting stays 1. E30 turn green 2.E3<0

Question: How can I copy the three rows and past them so the
Conditional formatting follows the row Number

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am placing alot of them a b c row 3 refers to E2. while d3 refers to E2 and
so on And yes it was a typo.
Its the XL200 that does this =$E$30
and if this =$E$30 is incorrect then why does XL format it that way? I know to
confuse us lamers :)
I will try without the $ and see what happens
thank you