Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data: select a cell x rows below the current, where x is designate

I have a sheet with multiple rows of data, and an analysis row at the top of
the data rows. The analysis row holds a copy of one of the lower data rows,
and now I populate it by either copying and pasting or writing and dragging a
formula that selects the desired data row.

I would like to write a formula in the analysis row that says: copy the cell
x rows below this cell by looking in a separate cell (say A1) for the number
of rows below this one. So if I enter 3 in cell A1, the analysis row
copies a row three lines below itself. Then later I could enter 1, and it
would change the selection.

Can this be done? Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

manxman Wrote:
I have a sheet with multiple rows of data, and an analysis row at the
top of
the data rows. The analysis row holds a copy of one of the lower data
rows,
and now I populate it by either copying and pasting or writing and
dragging a
formula that selects the desired data row.

I would like to write a formula in the analysis row that says: copy the
cell
x rows below this cell by looking in a separate cell (say A1) for the
number
of rows below this one. So if I enter 3 in cell A1, the analysis
row
copies a row three lines below itself. Then later I could enter
1, and it
would change the selection.

Can this be done? Thanks in advance for any help.

One way is:

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(B5)+$A$1, COLUMN(B5))) This just assumes you're
in B5.

Someone else will probably have a better way, but this will work.

Scott

--
Maistrye
Maistrye's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36078