Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fill data question

When I select 2 or more cells and then use the fill handle to "fill"
the rest of the cells, it just copies the selected cells.
If I use 1, 2, 3, 4, it will just copy 1, 2, 3, 4 over and over again.
The fill handles just copies. Is there a fill option menu that I am
unaware of? Thanks guys for answering this simple question.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right-click and drag then release and select "Fill Series".

Although I don't know whet the 1,2,3,4 will not fill when dragged down or
across.

A single cell with 1 will copy by default.

Two cells with 1 and 2 will generally auto-fill.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP