Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
P J P J is offline

Default Cell Refer & stop recording box

I have the same issue as in Michael's case, but I am not able to get it back
with the suggestion of right clicking on the tool bar. When I right click it
shows the "stop recording" already ck, but I can not find the box. Also when
I record, the word recording does appear in the lower left side of the frame
of excel, so I know I am recording, but I can't get the little control box to
show up so I can click on relevancy when I want to stop recording.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ToolsCustomizeToolbars.

Select the Stop Recording Toolbar.

Start Recording a macro then hit the Stop button.

DO NOT hit the "x" to stop or you will lose the Toolbar again.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 04:33:01 -0700, P J <P J @discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

I have the same issue as in Michael's case, but I am not able to get it back
with the suggestion of right clicking on the tool bar. When I right click it
shows the "stop recording" already ck, but I can not find the box. Also when
I record, the word recording does appear in the lower left side of the frame
of excel, so I know I am recording, but I can't get the little control box to
show up so I can click on relevancy when I want to stop recording.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
P J P J is offline

Yes, I have tried "reset" on the toolbar. All I aget is the "recording"
under sheet 1 tab.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

When you select the SR toolbar it does not appear...correct?

Have you tried ToolsCustomizeToolbars and Reset on the SR toolbar?

Gord

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:54:02 -0700, P J wrote:

Thank you for the reply, but my issue that I can not get my "stop recording
Box" to appear. I have the "stop recording selected in my
ToolsCustomizeToolbar. When I record a macro, I can see it recording by
the word Recording in the low left side of my xcel frame just under the
"sheet1" name. I also can stop recording by going to my tool bar
ToolsMacroStop Recording. But this process does not give me the option to
use Cell Reference. I can not figure out how to get my Stop Recording box to
appear.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

ToolsCustomizeToolbars.

Select the Stop Recording Toolbar.

Start Recording a macro then hit the Stop button.

DO NOT hit the "x" to stop or you will lose the Toolbar again.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 04:33:01 -0700, P J <P J @discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

I have the same issue as in Michael's case, but I am not able to get it back
with the suggestion of right clicking on the tool bar. When I right click it
shows the "stop recording" already ck, but I can not find the box. Also when
I record, the word recording does appear in the lower left side of the frame
of excel, so I know I am recording, but I can't get the little control box to
show up so I can click on relevancy when I want to stop recording.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I cannot replicate the behaviour of your SR toolbar unless I close it using the
"x" while recording.

And even then, I can get it back using the steps I outlined in my original post.

Hopefully someone will jump in with a fix.

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

ToolsCustomizeToolbars.

Select the Stop Recording Toolbar.

Start Recording a macro then hit the Stop button.

DO NOT hit the "x" to stop or you will lose the Toolbar again.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 04:33:01 -0700, P J <P J @discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

I have the same issue as in Michael's case, but I am not able to get it back
with the suggestion of right clicking on the tool bar. When I right click it
shows the "stop recording" already ck, but I can not find the box. Also when
I record, the word recording does appear in the lower left side of the frame
of excel, so I know I am recording, but I can't get the little control box to
show up so I can click on relevancy when I want to stop recording.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
P J P J is offline

Thanks so much for you time and trying to resolve this. I can not figure out
why I can not get it back. I may have closed it, but I should be able to get
it back, by following your sugguestions and others before. I have ck'ed
every setting and reset every possible setting with toolbars. I really
thought a re install would fix it, and I even ran my "fix errors" from my
add/remove programs.
Again thanks for your time.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

ToolsCustomizeToolbars.

Select the Stop Recording Toolbar.

Start Recording a macro then hit the Stop button.

DO NOT hit the "x" to stop or you will lose the Toolbar again.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 04:33:01 -0700, P J <P J @discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

I have the same issue as in Michael's case, but I am not able to get it back
with the suggestion of right clicking on the tool bar. When I right click it
shows the "stop recording" already ck, but I can not find the box. Also when
I record, the word recording does appear in the lower left side of the frame
of excel, so I know I am recording, but I can't get the little control box to
show up so I can click on relevancy when I want to stop recording.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

PJ

One more to try.

ALT + F11 to open Visual Basic Editor

ViewImmediate Window.

Paste this code in and hit ENTER key.

Application.CommandBars("Stop Recording").Visible = True

ALT + Q to go back to Excel.

Gord