Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
S. Stoia

Default How do I stop worksheets from duplicating cell in a different wor.

I created a shift calendar in Excel which I have successfully used for
several years.

There are 13 worksheets within this Excel file. Each worksheet represents
one month (e.g. Jan is a work sheet, February is a worksheet, etc.). The
13th worksheet is a proofing tip page.

In January 2006, our tech support installed Microsoft Office 2003. Now this
spreadsheet isn't working correctly. When I enter information in a cell for
February 6 (or any other date or cell on any of the worksheets), the
information should be specific to that cell only. Instead it copies that
cell into every other worksheet.

When you go to a different worksheet and click on the cell where the
information copied to in error and you look at the cell's information, an "="
sign was not used. So it should not try to copy the information from another
worksheet but it does.

I emailed the shift calendar to someone using a Excel 97. They opened the
calendar and it worked fine. They emailed it back to me. Then it worked
fine because it was saved in a lower version before I received it. Sometime
after I saved the file and opened it again to work in the shift calendar
spreadsheet. The problem returned. This is why I think it is a program
glitch.

The problem did not begin until Microsoft Office 2003 (Excel 2003) was
installed. I called Microsoft with my first question. Instead of it being
willing to answer my question for free, they wanted to charge $35.00 because
the ID number included OEM. Unfortunately, the tech support people don't
know what is wrong with either the file, spreadsheet, worksheet, or cell
duplicating problem. They said to call Microsoft.

I believe it is a glitch in the program, but just in case I am wrong, I am
posting this question.

Has anybody else run into this problem? Were you able to solve it? How do
I fix the spreadsheet if there is an error in it? How do I report the
program glitch if it turns out to be a program glitch (without being charged
$35.00)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

Do you have more than one tab selected when entering data? If you do this,
whatever you enter in a cell in the visible sheet will also appear in the
exact same cell on the other selected sheets.

"S. Stoia" <S. wrote in message
I created a shift calendar in Excel which I have successfully used for
several years.

There are 13 worksheets within this Excel file. Each worksheet represents
one month (e.g. Jan is a work sheet, February is a worksheet, etc.). The
13th worksheet is a proofing tip page.

In January 2006, our tech support installed Microsoft Office 2003. Now
this
spreadsheet isn't working correctly. When I enter information in a cell
for
February 6 (or any other date or cell on any of the worksheets), the
information should be specific to that cell only. Instead it copies that
cell into every other worksheet.

When you go to a different worksheet and click on the cell where the
information copied to in error and you look at the cell's information, an
"="
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
S. Stoia

Default How do I stop worksheets from duplicating cell in a different

Thank you for your replay.

Only one tab was selected.