MJoyner

Default summing values for the same cell in 36 different worksheets

Workbook=37 worksheets
Sheet 1 is a summary sheet
I know how to add cells from all worksheets (2 -37) back to the summary
sheet 1(Sheet2!c3+Sheet3!c3)...all the way to Sheet 37
This is very manual. I need to perform this same function for 106 cells.
Is there a way to set up a range of the same cell from multiple worksheets??
I tried "sheet2!c3:sheet37!c3" to add all c3 cells from sheets 2-37 back to
sheet 1. Didn't work.
Bernie Deitrick

MJ,

=SUM(Sheet2:Sheet37!C3)

which can then be copied down or over, etc.

But the next time you set up a workbook, use one sheet with an extra column where you enter a value
that differentiates the entries (perhaps listing what would be different among your 36 worksheets).
Then, you'll be able to use filters, SUBTOTAL functions, and pivot tables, and not worry about 3D
formulas.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP