Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to set excel at the default setting for the enter key?

I have a large database to complete and am wondering if there is someway to
make it easier to continue typying and not have to stop to go to the begining
of each new row? Ex: Typying across colums A-G, the next row I have to stop
typying and make sure it is in column A, is there a way to set this up that I
can continue typying and tab away?

Some said try the enter key --- that didn't work.
Someone else said set excel at the default setting for the enter key. But I
don't know how to get to the default settings if this even works.
Can someone help? Please Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can select the range and strat typing after G it will come back to A
--
Vipul C Dani
Assistant Training Manager

"sternface" wrote:

I have a large database to complete and am wondering if there is someway to
make it easier to continue typying and not have to stop to go to the begining
of each new row? Ex: Typying across colums A-G, the next row I have to stop
typying and make sure it is in column A, is there a way to set this up that I
can continue typying and tab away?

Some said try the enter key --- that didn't work.
Someone else said set excel at the default setting for the enter key. But I
don't know how to get to the default settings if this even works.
Can someone help? Please Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Start in column A and Tab your way to Column G.

When leaving Column G hit the ENTER key to go back to A and one row down.

Make sure your ENTER key is set to move down via ToolsOptionsEdit "Move
selection after enter"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP