Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave

Default Setting default values in a drop down list in excel?

How do I set default values in a drop down list. I currently have a macro
which resets the sheet (resets the order number and customer cell for
example) but the options of the drop down menu cannot be reset this way. Can
anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mitch

Dave,

Did you solve this? I have the exact same question so if you have a
solution, please let me know.

Regards
Mitch

"Dave" skrev:

How do I set default values in a drop down list. I currently have a macro
which resets the sheet (resets the order number and customer cell for
example) but the options of the drop down menu cannot be reset this way. Can
anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave

Yes and no.

Here was my example. I sell furniture and wanted to write a program so that
when a desk sells there is an option to sell 4 parts with 10 different
colours. My problem was if only 3 parts were selected I wanted the colour to
read blank or please select automatically. I wrote an if statement for each
of the colours in the list which made the colour read 'please select' if the
desk field was blank. It wasn't exactly what I wanted but it does the job.