Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel question: what must I do to repeat a row in every page?

What must I do in order to repeat a row on each page of my spreadsheet?
Can you help? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are looking to enter stuff in the same cells on all sheets then click
on the first, hold the shift key down and click on the last and enter the
data you want. This will have highlighted all the sheets between the clicks
and [Group] will appear in the workbook header.

You can also use the Ctrl key rather than shift to highlight non-contiguous
sheets.

You can either click on a non-selected sheet tab to -un-group them or
right-click on a selected one and select 'un-group'

Hope that's what you meant

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"jstluv2smile" wrote in message
What must I do in order to repeat a row on each page of my spreadsheet?
Can you help? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you mean print a heading row on each page:

FilePage Setup, Sheet tab, Rows to repeat at top, click you row

If you mean on the screen:

Select the row just under the one you want to keep, Window Freeze Panes

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"jstluv2smile" wrote in message
| What must I do in order to repeat a row on each page of my spreadsheet?
| Can you help? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello, Nick!
How nice of you to respond so quickly. Would your response reply to someone
who wants to copy a column heading so that it can be viewed on top of the
page for each new page? Again, thanks.

"jstluv2smile" wrote:

What must I do in order to repeat a row on each page of my spreadsheet?
Can you help? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think I mis-understood, 'I'm not sure really what you are trying to do.
Take a look at Niek's answer. If that is right,fine. If not give a little
more detail on what you are trying to do

--

"jstluv2smile" wrote:

What must I do in order to repeat a row on each page of my spreadsheet?
Can you help? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First, let's establish what you mean by "page"

In Excel it is customary to refer to printed pages as pages and separate
worksheets as sheets or worksheets.

Which are you referring to?

If printed pages, Nick's answer is correct.

If sheets, you would have to copy the top row of sheet1 to sheet2, sheet3, etc.

You can do this easily be selecting sheet1 then right-click on the tab and
"select all sheets".

Enter what you want in sheet1 top row and it will be done to all sheets.

Another twist....maybe you just want the top row to be visible as you scroll
down in a sheet.

Select A2 and WindowFreeze Panes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP