Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filter by first letter

I am looking to filter my list of 450 names such that I can view all the A's
or Just the D's or just the M's etc.

Assistance is appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In an adjacent column, add
=LEFT(A1,1)

copy down and filter by that column.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Filter by first letter" <Filter by first
wrote in message ...
I am looking to filter my list of 450 names such that I can view all the

A's
or Just the D's or just the M's etc.

Assistance is appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi,

data | auto filter

click on the arrow, CUSTOM, starts with D

hth
regards from Brazil