Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding time over a 24 hour period

On my spreadsheet I am adding two cells.
Formula =E12-D12+IF(D12E12,1)
This should subtract 4/12/06 9:00AM to 4/13/06 16:00 (4:00PM)
As you can see this is over 24 hours but the answer is 7 hours, the same
answer I get when subtracting the same hours on the same day. What am I
doing wrong?
--
Thank you,

Paige