tawtrey(remove this )@pacificfoods.com

Default Adding time to date-time formatted cell

Not sure quite how to do this...

I have a cell (A1) which I have formatted to read the date and time
(MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM AM/PM). That is my starting time. What I want to do now
is be able to input a time period in hours (A2) and have another cell (B1)
add those hours to A1 so B1 will read the "ending time" - formatted with the
(MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM AM/PM) format. Is this possible?

Thanks!
tawtrey(remove this )@pacificfoods.com

Basically, I want it to lay out like this:

Cell A1: 8/12/05 2:00am
Cell B1: 12 (it takes 12 hours to run this process)
Cell A2: 8/12/05 2:00pm

Thought that might make it more clear what I'm trying to do. Right now, if
I enter "12" in cell B1, it's making my value of A2 read "8/24/05 2:00AM"
Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:57:01 -0700, tawtrey(remove this
osoft.com wrote:

Not sure quite how to do this...

I have a cell (A1) which I have formatted to read the date and time
(MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM AM/PM). That is my starting time. What I want to do now
is be able to input a time period in hours (A2) and have another cell (B1)
add those hours to A1 so B1 will read the "ending time" - formatted with the
(MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM AM/PM) format. Is this possible?

Thanks!

If the time period in A2 is entered as a number of hours, (e.g. for 2 hrs you
enter the number 2; or for 3 1/2 hours you enter 3.5 or 3 1/2), then:

B1: =A1 + A2/24

--ron

tawtrey(remove this )@pacificfoods.com

thanks!