Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
simon, uk

Default Adding time

How do I add time, in the hr:mn format, and view total time in the same hr:mn
format when the total time is greater than 23:55?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

Format the total cell as [h]:mm.

The [ ] keeps the hours from rolling over back to zero after 24 hours is
reached.

Biff

"simon, uk" <simon, wrote in message
How do I add time, in the hr:mn format, and view total time in the same
hr:mn
format when the total time is greater than 23:55?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth

Just add them up like this

=A1+B1

and use a custom format like this

[h]:mm

"simon, uk" wrote:

How do I add time, in the hr:mn format, and view total time in the same hr:mn
format when the total time is greater than 23:55?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
simon, uk

Thanks guys - works a treat.

"simon, uk" wrote:

How do I add time, in the hr:mn format, and view total time in the same hr:mn
format when the total time is greater than 23:55?

Help with Adding Time Hrs and Mins Mike Busch Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 November 23rd 05 04:24 PM
Adding time trucker New Users to Excel 1 November 22nd 05 10:18 PM
Entering Times Denise Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 9 November 15th 05 04:57 PM
adding in time formats rvnwdr Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 31st 05 11:38 PM
Adding time to multiple cells using TIMECODE timroutledge Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 25th 05 06:24 PM