-   -   Adding time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/74961-adding-time.html)

simon, uk

Adding time

How do I add time, in the hr:mn format, and view total time in the same hr:mn
format when the total time is greater than 23:55?

Biff

Adding time

Hi!

Format the total cell as [h]:mm.

The [ ] keeps the hours from rolling over back to zero after 24 hours is
reached.

Biff

"simon, uk" <simon, wrote in message
How do I add time, in the hr:mn format, and view total time in the same
hr:mn
format when the total time is greater than 23:55?

Sloth

Adding time

Just add them up like this

=A1+B1

and use a custom format like this

[h]:mm

"simon, uk" wrote:

How do I add time, in the hr:mn format, and view total time in the same hr:mn
format when the total time is greater than 23:55?

simon, uk

Adding time

Thanks guys - works a treat.