Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default one workbook, multiple .xls files

Hi! I have a workbook that had several worksheets in it. Someone else
wanted these sheets as separate .xls files (workbooks). I think it is
easier to have one workbook...simpler for me to update. the problem is the
users only care about individual sheets and want those in separate .xls
files so they only see their pertinent info.

In other words, i have myMasterList.xls which contains Sheet1 through
SheetN. I'm also maintaining separate workbooks called Sheet1.xls,
Sheet2.xls......SheetN.xls.

is there an easy way for me to maintain one workbook, or separate worksheets
that are updated through my myMasterList.xls?

Summary...the problem is I'm updating the stuff twice--once in
myMasterList.xls and again in the Sheet#.xls files.

Marcia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do the others want to update info in the spreadsheets and therefore
update the master (i.e. resynchronise) or do they just want to read a
copy.

If its the latter, then you could use a macro to produce the individual
workbooks by stepping through the Sheets collection and copying them one
by one into new workbooks.

Dim Sheet As Worksheet

Sub Test()
For Each Sheet In Sheets
Workbooks.Add
Sheet.Copy Befo=ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1)
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "C:\" & Sheet.Name & ".xls"
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Next Sheet

mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560136