Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to do Edit Query from Import External Data.

I'd like to import data from external excel file. I did as follows:
Data\Import External Data\Import Data
Select Data Source
Go to the path to get data
Open the file
Import data

But I'd like to make a Edit Query to sort out items I need.
For example: Sort out items with the total q'ty more than 100.

I went to Data\Import External Data\Edit Query. But I couldn't do the
Command Text.
Pls help me. Tks

Tuy Phuong
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

When sarting with DataImport External DataEdit Query, you are allowed to
set filter conditions, and sorting order.

Or, in query wizard, you can enter filter conditions and set sorting orders
in special filter/sort rows of wizard (maybe you have to say wizard to show
them before).

Or, in query wizard, you select SQL view from menu, and edit SQL-string
yourself.

Arvi Laanemets