Tim Baker

Default Prompting to allow External Query Data Refresh

I have several workbooks with queries to external data and a while back I
ticked the 'Enable automatic query refresh for all work book and do not show
this warning again' box on the window which used to pop up to comfirm Query
Refresh. I now wish to disable this again so that it always prompts first.
Does anyone know how I do this ?
Jim Rech

How about "Edit Query" or "Data Range Properties" under Data, Import
External Data? Btw, always mention your Excel version.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Tim Baker" wrote in message
|I have several workbooks with queries to external data and a while back I
| ticked the 'Enable automatic query refresh for all work book and do not
show
| this warning again' box on the window which used to pop up to comfirm
Query
| Refresh. I now wish to disable this again so that it always prompts
first.
| Does anyone know how I do this ?

Tim Baker

Sorry I'm using Excel 2000. This enabling of external data refresh is
general to my excel not the specific workbook or Data range. On my home PC
working with the same workbooks I still get prompted so I know it's something
to do with the core excel not the workbooks. It's the sort of option I
expected to find under Tools,Options in excel but I can't find anything
there. I want to be prompted again so that I can make a decision on an
individual workbook basis since I sometimes want to temporarily keep the
loaded data but don't want to have to edit every data range property to stop
the refresh on open.

Tim Baker