Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default exploded pie chart (2d)

hello community

can anybody please assist in this task:

I had a pie chart (consisting of 4 sections, say "A" / "B" / "C" / "D") & I
want to only "explode" 1 section, say "A" from the whole pie.

what I did was, I went to the Chart Type, & I selected the "Exploded" Pie
(chart subtype), & thereafter, I shifted in the other sections, mainly, "B" /
"C", / "D" to the original position (original was a whole pie chart) & I
leave the section, "A" alone, without shifting it.

what am I requesting ?... is, is there a way for me to "explode" the pie
chart by only making the section, "A" separated from the rest of sections. ?

thanks for rendering the kind assistance

best regards to everybody in the community
--
oldLearner57
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Create a normal pie chart. Click the pie to select all the slices. Then
click the slice you want to explode. You can now drag that slice out.
You can use this method to explode each and any of the slices.

Cheers
Andy

tikchye_oldLearner57 wrote:
hello community

can anybody please assist in this task:

I had a pie chart (consisting of 4 sections, say "A" / "B" / "C" / "D") & I
want to only "explode" 1 section, say "A" from the whole pie.

what I did was, I went to the Chart Type, & I selected the "Exploded" Pie
(chart subtype), & thereafter, I shifted in the other sections, mainly, "B" /
"C", / "D" to the original position (original was a whole pie chart) & I
leave the section, "A" alone, without shifting it.

what am I requesting ?... is, is there a way for me to "explode" the pie
chart by only making the section, "A" separated from the rest of sections. ?

thanks for rendering the kind assistance

best regards to everybody in the community

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info