KR

Default Pie chart on a pie chart (exploded)?

I'm open to either existing charts that do this, or hints on how to make my
own custom chart to do this.

I'd like to make a pie chart (center pie chart) that looks like a normal pie
chart. Then for each wedge, I'd like to add "exploded" wedges showing
portions of each slice of the main chart. The built in option only does this
for one wedge, and it makes it a new (smaller) pie chart to the side,
instead of wedges around the perimiter. What I'd like to do, for example:

Center Chart
Diet =
30% Fruits &Veggies
30% Grains
20% Milk & Dairy
20% Meats & Beans

then around the outside of that chart, lined up with the edges of the inner
chart; these could be extensions of the first chart, or completely new
wedges- doesn't matter to me.

10% Fresh fruit
10% Frozen veggies
5% Fruit juices
5 % fresh veggies
--------------------
15% breads
10% cereals
5% snacks
------------------
15% milk
5% cheese
----------------
5% chicken
10% beef
5% beans

Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Keith

--
The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent the
thoughts, views, or policy of my employer. Any errors or omissions are my

JR

Hmmm, I would make the main pie, then make four (smaller) pies with separate
source date lines. Remove the border lines around the smaller pies so they
appear to be part of the large pie. You could also use standard arrows or
those located in Autoshapes to point to the smaller pies.