Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to have a chart automatically adjust range as I add data entri

I have a spreadsheet linked to an access database. The spreadsheet refreshes
every 60 seconds automatically. I want to track current performance by using
a chart that shows the last 25 data points entered.
It is impractical to manually change the chart range each time a data entry
is added.
How can I make it change automatically to only include the last 25 entries?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I got an similar problem. I'm triing to make a simple macro wich import a
..txt file and build a histogram chart. However my number of line varies, wich
leave blank when the file imported is smaller or doesn't show additional
lines... I tried to use in the edition menu ''go to'' then click ''cells''
and you choose only cells that are constant (or something else). It works but
once it's record in the macro it keeps the same number of line when I
recorded it. And there also an error in selection?

It might work for you if you doiing your chart manually.

So if you have any other idea would you please mail me.

Thanks,

Alex

"AdamCPTD" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet linked to an access database. The spreadsheet refreshes
every 60 seconds automatically. I want to track current performance by using
a chart that shows the last 25 data points entered.
It is impractical to manually change the chart range each time a data entry
is added.
How can I make it change automatically to only include the last 25 entries?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can make a dynamic name range, and use that as source data. If your data
was in column A in Sheet1, with A1 as header:
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-26,0,25,1)
would be the formula to use for the dynamic range. You can adjust the
reference to fit your situation.

-Simon