Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cells formatted as currency, need to sum just positives...

Hi, hope someone can help..

I have columns on monetary values arrived at by:

Row A Quantity (fed from another sheet)
Row B Equals row A
Row C Equals Row B multiplied by a unit cost in another cell.

This spreadsheet is used for inventory tracking, and I need to sum up
the totals (Row B) only if they are positive numbers, negative numbers
need to be treated as zeros. Rows A,B and C are duplicated down my
spreadsheet for different items (engines actually) and need to totalled
only if positive.

I hope this makes sense, can I explain any easier if not?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
(email: )

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUM(IF(B2:B200),B2:B20))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, hope someone can help..

I have columns on monetary values arrived at by:

Row A Quantity (fed from another sheet)
Row B Equals row A
Row C Equals Row B multiplied by a unit cost in another cell.

This spreadsheet is used for inventory tracking, and I need to sum up
the totals (Row B) only if they are positive numbers, negative numbers
need to be treated as zeros. Rows A,B and C are duplicated down my
spreadsheet for different items (engines actually) and need to totalled
only if positive.

I hope this makes sense, can I explain any easier if not?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
(email: )

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for the replies, I have used SUMPRODUCT and it satisfies my
needs 100%.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Regards,

Mark