Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Advanced Filter (Criteria + Blanks)

Hi all,

I've got a spreadsheet being used to flag missing dates in a tracking
device. Each project in the tracker is assigned a Team Leader and is
given two rows: one showing which dates are missing, and one below for
them to fill in the dates.

As there are over 400 projects and only five team leaders, I'd like
them to be able to filter their own projects out (there's a column
showing who's leading the project) and still have the blank row for
them to fill in the necessary dates.

My problem arises when I try to implement this filter. The 'Autofilter'
option only allows one criteria to be used, and the 'Advanced Filter'
appears not to allow one to use blanks.

Can anyone suggest a means to get around this? I know the simplest way
would be to have the fillable cells as columns - however, the
spreadsheet has been designed to mirror another report where the dates
will be copied and pasted, and hence I have to use rows for rapidity in
getting the new information into the main report.

Any help appreciated,

TIA,

SamuelT

--
SamuelT
SamuelT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27501

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Autofilter will allow 2 values if you select the custom, option.

Another solution is to add a helper column and use a formula to indicate
which pass and which don't, and then filter on that.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"SamuelT" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for those suggestions Bob.

Do you (or anyone) know how to state the (Blank) criteria when setting
a custom Autofilter?

Thanks,

Sam

--
SamuelT
SamuelT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27501
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558451

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sam,

Does not equal * seems to work

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"SamuelT" wrote in
message ...

Thanks for those suggestions Bob.

Do you (or anyone) know how to state the (Blank) criteria when setting
a custom Autofilter?

Thanks,

Sam

--
SamuelT
SamuelT's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558451

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Choose your first criteria (whatever you want)
Or
Equals
(and leave that second dropdown (on the right) completely empty.)

SamuelT wrote:

Thanks for those suggestions Bob.

Do you (or anyone) know how to state the (Blank) criteria when setting
a custom Autofilter?

Thanks,

Sam

--