Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default fill series that runs along opposite axis?

I can’t even figure out how to ask this!

How do I create a custom fill series/use some formula(?) that will:
increase linearly with a step value of 1, but along the opposite axis
from the direction of the target cells. For example,

A1=B1*24
How do I then fill down column A so that:
A2=C1*24
A3=D1*24
A4=E1*24
Etc.

Also need to do the opposite:
B1=A1*24
C1=A2*24
D1=A3*24

I feel like there should be an easy way to do this, but for the life of
me…! Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Anne1320
Anne1320's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35969

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

for the first, in cell a1 and copied down

=OFFSET(A1,-ROW()+1,ROW())*24

for the second, in cell b1 and copied across

=OFFSET(B1,COLUMN()-2,-COLUMN()+1)*24

--
duane

duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11624
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=557570

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you, Duane! That worked fine, and while my actual project is a
little different from that exact example (some includes text, and not
always on the same sheets, I've now got a good way to tackle the
specifics.

Appreciate your help.

--
Anne1320
Anne1320's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35969
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=557570

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another way ... non-volatile:

Enter anywhere and copy down:
=INDEX($1:$1,ROWS($1:2))*24

Enter anywhere and copy across:
=INDEX($A:$A,COLUMNS($A:A))*24

--

HTH,

RD

"Anne1320" wrote in
message ...

Thank you, Duane! That worked fine, and while my actual project is a
little different from that exact example (some includes text, and not
always on the same sheets, I've now got a good way to tackle the
specifics.

Appreciate your help.

--
Anne1320
Anne1320's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=557570

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for the suggestions. Now the problem I've run into is that the
cells being referenced are on one worksheet and the target cells are on
another in the same workbook. ???

Can the solution to this be based upon either of the suggestions so
far, or do I need to look in another direction?

Thank you for your help.

--
Anne1320
Anne1320's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35969
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=557570

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With the data on Sheet1, and the formulas elsewhere, try this:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$1:$1,ROWS(Sheet1!$1:1))*24
And copy down.

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A:$A,COLUMNS(Sheet1!$A:A))*24
And copy across.
--

HTH,

RD

"Anne1320" wrote in
message ...

Thank you for the suggestions. Now the problem I've run into is that the
cells being referenced are on one worksheet and the target cells are on
another in the same workbook. ???

Can the solution to this be based upon either of the suggestions so
far, or do I need to look in another direction?

Thank you for your help.

--
Anne1320
Anne1320's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=557570

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

this set of data is in Row 66, and I've got it referencing the correct
row on the correct sheet, but the data doesn't begin in Column A -
where do I put the reference to the beginning column (in this case
HP)?

Thanks again

--
Anne1320
Anne1320's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35969
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=557570

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could do it either way:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$66:$66,ROWS(Sheet1!$1:224))*24

OR

=INDEX(Sheet1!$HP$66:$IV$66,ROWS($1:1))*24

--

HTH,

RD

"Anne1320" wrote in
message ...

this set of data is in Row 66, and I've got it referencing the correct
row on the correct sheet, but the data doesn't begin in Column A -
where do I put the reference to the beginning column (in this case
HP)?

Thanks again

--
Anne1320
Anne1320's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=557570

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, RD!

--
Anne1320
Anne1320's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35969
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=557570

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome, and appreciate the feed-back.

RD

"Anne1320" wrote in
message ...

Thanks, RD!