Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
macmullet

Default create bar graph with two series and secondary y axis

I want to create a bar graph with two series including standard Y error
bars as well as having a secondary Y axis. The bar graph looks fine
untill I try and put on a secondary Y axis- then it overlays the bars
on top of each other ( one bar becomes masked by the other). It wont
keep them side by side.
Appreciate any suggestions
cheers

--
macmullet
macmullet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35032

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK

By default Excel positions both bars on the center. You can keep them
overlapped but still both see them if you change the gap between the columns
(for one axis) (right-click the series, Format Data Series.../Options tab/Gap
width).
In case you want them displayed side-by-side you can add a dummy series
which you format as invisible for each axis. The series show now as
out-of-center. Select the order AB for axis 1, and BA for axis 2, B the
invisible dummy series. Hope this what you'r looking for.
GL,
Henk

"macmullet" wrote:

I want to create a bar graph with two series including standard Y error
bars as well as having a secondary Y axis. The bar graph looks fine
untill I try and put on a secondary Y axis- then it overlays the bars
on top of each other ( one bar becomes masked by the other). It wont
keep them side by side.
Appreciate any suggestions
cheers

--
macmullet
macmullet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35032
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547755

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Here's an illustrated example:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...OnTwoAxes.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"macmullet" wrote:

I want to create a bar graph with two series including standard Y error
bars as well as having a secondary Y axis. The bar graph looks fine
untill I try and put on a secondary Y axis- then it overlays the bars
on top of each other ( one bar becomes masked by the other). It wont
keep them side by side.
Appreciate any suggestions
cheers

--