Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jeroamd

Default Can I create a display box to see results no matter where I am in

I am trying to create a box or window where I can make changes to certian
cells and see how changing those numbers will affect the results on another
section of the spread sheet. I created a P&L sheet that ties to assumptions
on another sheet but don't like toggling back and for to see the results. I
have created a small results box on the main sheet but I can't seem to get a
split view to work so I can view those resutls no matter where I navigate on
the top sheet. Can iI create some kind of display or pop up that I can keep
in one corner and always see the results of the changes I make?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ed

Well the only thing I can think of is select the cell that contains the
result that you want to monitor and then right-click Add Watch

hope this helps!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jeroamd

Default Can I create a display box to see results no matter where I am

Thanks Ed, that does work to some degree. I was hoping to keep my 'Results
Box' in the window with the formating etc. But that is much closer to
anything else I've tried.

Jeroamd

"Ed" wrote:

Well the only thing I can think of is select the cell that contains the
result that you want to monitor and then right-click Add Watch

hope this helps!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
baxybaxy

not elegant, but you could insert a blank chart; add some text boxes to
the chart to point to your data (click on the chart background
anywhere, type = and point to your cell)

then unforunately you need a bit of VBA code to move the chart to the
top left of the window every time you scroll around

try this one for a start point
http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/limit-scrolling-vba.htm

--
baxybaxy