Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NNothard

Default Delete duplicate values

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to delete duplicate values in list
of names. I have a spreadsheet with about 10 000 records but each
person is reprasented several times in the list. I would like to simply
delete any duplicates, but going through the list deleting row by row is
just driving me mad. :-)

--
NNothard
NNothard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35791

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ggl

You can use pivot table - you will get the list of unique names.

--
ggl
ggl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35591

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mike_vr

You could try an advanced filter...

Sort your records by name, then highlight only the name column. Then
Data/Filter/Advanced Filter. Check the "Unique Records Only" box, and hit OK.
You should now see that only one row per name is available. From here I would
highlight the entire data range, select visible cells only (shortcut to this
is highlighting the data range, hit F5, Special, Visible Cells Only) and then
I would copy and paste them onto a new sheet.

Cheers,

Mike

"NNothard" wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to delete duplicate values in list
of names. I have a spreadsheet with about 10 000 records but each
person is reprasented several times in the list. I would like to simply
delete any duplicates, but going through the list deleting row by row is
just driving me mad. :-)

--
NNothard
NNothard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35791
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=555580

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

DataFilterAdvanced Filter.

Unique records and Copy to another place.

If you want to copy to another worksheet, see Debra Dalgleish's site for more
info.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfi....html#FilterUR

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:10:21 -0500, NNothard
wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to delete duplicate values in list
of names. I have a spreadsheet with about 10 000 records but each
person is reprasented several times in the list. I would like to simply
delete any duplicates, but going through the list deleting row by row is
just driving me mad. :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NNothard

Yes, that is perfect, thank-you. :)