Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill

Default Where is the location for backup files

Weekly and sometime daily I post entries into an xcel worksheet and save the
file as xx. Today, while using google I opened a worksheet and wanted to
close it without using and exited but noticed as I hit the yes and enter that
somehow the xx file name appeared. I reopened the xx file and it is blank.
Where can I find the history folder containing yesterday's version or how can
I retrieve the earlier version. I have not shut down the computer.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Bill

First, which version of Excel are you using? The backup strategies and
capabilities of each version are quite different.

Unless you have set your workbook to "always create backups", you may be out of
luck with finding a backup.

Excel does not keep a history folder of yesterday's version by default.

You say you opened/closed without using.

Should be no reason for the blank book if you saved it with the same name "xx"

Maybe the data is just scrolled out of view?

Perhaps you hid a sheet? FormatSheetUnhide

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP