Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tonso

Default link cells to a comment

i want to use a comment as a guide to entering codes into a
spreadsheet. problem is, the codes change depending on conditions in
the sheet. can i create a table of codes that use logic statements to
change as conditions change, then link this table to a comment? i tried
the copy picture command, but cant get the picture into a comment. is
there a way to do this?

thanks

Tonso

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Based on the last line of your posting, see
Add a Picture to a Comment
http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture
---
HTH,

"Tonso" wrote in message ups.com...
i want to use a comment as a guide to entering codes into a
spreadsheet. problem is, the codes change depending on conditions in
the sheet. can i create a table of codes that use logic statements to
change as conditions change, then link this table to a comment? i tried
the copy picture command, but cant get the picture into a comment. is
there a way to do this?

thanks

Tonso

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tonso

David,
how do i save an excel "copy - picture" as a file so i can add it as a
picture to a comment?
thanks,

Tonso
Tonso wrote:
i want to use a comment as a guide to entering codes into a
spreadsheet. problem is, the codes change depending on conditions in
the sheet. can i create a table of codes that use logic statements to
change as conditions change, then link this table to a comment? i tried
the copy picture command, but cant get the picture into a comment. is
there a way to do this?

thanks

Tonso

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Hi Tons,
Depends on how labor intensive and/or how cheap you want it,
or how professional you need it.

One way -- would be to use techniques on
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2gif.htm
I expect that some of the solutions in the related area may be
better solutions now, Also some comments have been added,
several regulars in the newsgroups have add-ins (which I presume are free)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xl2html.htm

I would use an application that can grab a screen shot and put it
to the clipboard or to a file as needed. One such application

is SnagIt [-- http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.asp --], which I use, and is pay for software,

A free alternative is Screenshot Captor
[-- http://www.donationcoder.com/Softwar...tor/index.html --].
All such alternatives allow you annotate what you extracted.

---
HTH,

"Tonso" wrote
how do i save an excel "copy - picture" as a file so i can add it as a
picture to a comment?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tonso

David,

Thank you so very much for your response! I am looking at the
alternatives you suggested and wil select the one that best suits my
needs! Thank heavens for MVPs!!
Tonso