CNA48

Default How to link cells only if...

In cell a1 I have an option for an "y" "n". Based on that cell I want
to link cell b1 to cell d1. If it is "Y" then link it, if it is "n"
then I want it to go to cell b1 and check it and so forth. I only want
to link the items in column "b" that have a "y" next to them. I can do
this for one cell and even skip and go until I find the first "Y".
What I can not do is make the second link start after it has found the
first "y" in column "A". Can anybody please help. This is the 3rd
time I am asking for help. I have searched and haven't found what I am
looking for. Yes I am a noob to this particular forum but I have never
had this much trouble getting an acknwledgment of my question, much
less an answer. So please if there is something I am doing wrong in
here, let me know. I know everyone is helping of their own free will,
and believe me it is appreciated.

Candy

--
CNA48
CNA48's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28686

vezerid

Candy,
I have not seen your previous posts but I cannot understand from this
one what exactly you are looking for. What do you mean by "linking"?
Also, what do you mean by "go back to cell b1 and check it"?

In general, you would be using a formula *somewhere* like
=IF(A1="y", ___link___, ___don;t link___)

But I don't even know if this formula should go to D1 or some other
cell. And of course I cannot tell what should go to the 2nd and 3rd
arguments.
Please be more specific.

Kostis Vezerides

CNA48

Thank you for responding. I am trying to create a shipping list. In my
first column I have a list of items with an indicator for whether to
ship that item or not.

DESCRIPTION SHIP

chair

desk X

table

lamp X

what I would like to do is link this information to my shipping list
based on whether or not there is an "x".

my shipping list should look like this

desk

lamp

I need to create this list into seperate cells so that I can link to
only the ones I need later. Again thank you for your time.
Candy

--
CNA48
CNA48's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28686
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484051

Max

Try the response to your later post in .worksheet.functions
--
Rgds
Max